Hieroglyphic Text in the Tomb of Sennefer
Inscriptions on the walls and pillars in the Burial Chamber.
- South wall - the funeral procession.
- West wall - offerings and Journey to Abydos.
- North wall - worshipping Osiris and Anubis, the Embalming Chamber, purification of Sennefer and Meryt.
- East wall - offerings and libation, the doorway, Sennefer and Meryt 'going forth by day'.
- Pillar 1 Three scenes of Meryt offering myrrh, food, and lotus flowers to Sennefer, and one scene with Sennefer seated in the shade of a tree with a table of refreshments, and Meryt kneeling beside him.
- Pillar 2 Meryt holding lotus flowers, sistrum, and myrrh before Sennefer, and Sennefer seated by the tree goddess, with Meryt holding his legs.
- Pillar 3 Meryt offering a cup, a gold collar, and amulets, on the fourth side Sennefer is purified by priests while standing on a hill of sand.
- Pillar 4 Meryt offering a neb shaped bowl, Sennefer and Meryt caress each other, she presents cloths to him, and on the fourth side Sennefer is again surrounded by priests while he stands on a hill of sand, part of the ‘opening of the mouth’ ceremony.
- Ceiling There are three lines of hieroglyphic text on the ceiling, two lines of text between pillars 1 & 2, and 3 & 4, and lines of text at the top of three pillar scenes.